Coronary Artery Patients
IDENTIFICATION : E-HOL-03-0271-002
Study Population:This group of cardiac patients is from the Intercity Digital Electrocardiogram Alliance (IDEAL) database. These coronary artery disease patients (271 patients) had positive angiogram (at least one vessel narrowing >75%) and either exercise induced ischemia or evidence of previous myocardial infarction. These patients were in stable phase of ischemic heart disease since they were enrolled at least 2 month after their event. The Electrocardiograms were acquired using three pseudo-orthogonal lead configuration (X, Y and Z). There is a initial resting supine period for a 20 minutes duration before starting the ambulatory recording.
All patients are suppose to be in sinus rhythm. Only cardiac patients without evidence of congestive heart failure were included.
- The diagnosis of CAD should be confirmed by postive angiogram (at least one vessel with critical naroowing >75%) with: 1/ exercise induced ischemia on ECG or 2/ evidence of previous myocardial infarction.
- Patients should be in stable phase of the ischemic heart disease with digital ECG recordings performed on an outpatients basis. Stable post-MI patients should be enrolled at least 2 month after the index event.
- Only patients wihtout evidence of congential heart failure should be included. Patients with clicninal or echocardiographic evidence for congestive heart failure (LVD>60 mm, EF<40%) shoudl be excluded.
- Patients in sinus rhythm.
- patient with dilated cardiomyopathy (left ventricular diameter > 60mm and ejection fraction <40%),
- patient with unstable coronary patients (unstable angina requiring hoispitalization with evolving ischemic changes in standard ECG),
- patient with congestive heart failure (LVD>60mm, EF<40%),
- patients with coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) in the past; the patients with a history of non-CABG coronary revascularization (PTCA, stent, atherectomy) is eligible to be enrolled;
- the patients is in non-sunis rhythm (atrial flutter/fibrillation, pacemaker rhtyhm, AV block, sick sinus syndrome),
- the aptients has major comorbidity such as malignancy, severe haptic , renal or cerebral disease, etc.
Basic descriptive statistics of the study population:
EF:left ventricular ejection fraction; VT: ventricular tachycardia, CHF: congenitve heart failure, BB: beta-blocker therapy
Description of the group of patients with and without beta-blocking therapies (N=223).
Total Clinical Information available for the database:
ID ID = 'Study Identifier' BETA_BLK BETA_BLK = Taking Beta-Blockers(0/1) DIGOXIN DIGOXIN = Taking Beta-Blockers(0/1) DIURETIC DIURETIC = Taking Diuretics(0/1) ACEINHIB ACEINHIB = Taking Ace-Inhibitors(0/1) ANTIARRH ANTIARRH = Taking Anti-Arrhythmics(0/1) FIBRINLY Fibrinolysis (Y=1/N=0) RACE RACE = 'Race(White/Black/Asian/Other)' HEIGHT HEIGHT = 'Height (cm)' WEIGHT WEIGHT = 'Weight (Kg)' BP_SYST Systolic Blood pressure BP_DIAST Diastolic blood pressure SMOKING smoking (y=1/n=0) HYPERTEN HYPERTEN = 'Hypertension treated w/ Meds' DIABETES DIABETES = 'Diabetes Mellitus (0-no/1-w/insulin/2-w/o insulin)' VT VT = 'Ventricular Tachycardia' SYNCOPE SYNCOPE = 'Full Syncope(0/1)'; PRIOR_MI Date of Prior MI (mm/dd/yyyy) AP AP = 'Severity of Angina Pectoris' CHF CHF = 'Severity of CHF Treatment' CPK CPK = 'Peak CPK Level(I.U.)' MI_LOCA MI_LOC = 'Location of Infarction based on ECG' 1 = 'Anterior' 2 = 'Inferior(posterior)' 3 = 'Lateral' 4 = 'Ant-Lat' 5 = 'Inf=Lat' 9 = 'Unknown' THROMBO THROMBO = 'Thrombolytic Therapy' PUL_CONG PUL_CONG = 'Pulmonary Congestion(0/1)' AP_3DAYS AP_3DAYS = 'Angina Pectoris 1-3 days prior to discharge' ST_DEP ST_DEP = 'Transient ST segment Depression(0/1)' VA VA = 'Ventricular Arrhythmias' 0 = 'NO VPBS' 1 = 'VPBs' 2 = 'NSVT(3beats/30secs)' 3 = 'SVT(>30sec)' 4 = 'Torsade de Pointes' 5 = 'VF' 6 = 'Other' 9 = 'Unknown'; LVDS LV systolic dimension LVDD LV diastolic dimensions REG_DATE RECORDINGDATE = 'Recording Date' AGE AGE = 'Age' GENDER SEX = 'Sex(M/F)' BMI BMI = 'Body Mass Index' EF EF = 'Ejection Fraction via Angiogram/Echocardiogram' WMA WMA = 'Wall Motion Abnormality via Echo/Angiogram'
Number of leads : 3 (X, Y Z leads, pseudo orthogonal configuration)
Sampling Frequency : 200Hz
Amplitude Resolution: 10 microV
The format of these files is described in here.